Tuesday 4 February 2014

Week 3 - Exceptions

The third week of lectures introduced us to something which we only encountered when we did something "wrong" in coding a program or while using a program. Before this week, I never knew that we will get to create our own exceptions, or handle them. In fact, I didn't even know what "handling an exception" exactly meant.

It sounded really cool when I first heard about creating our own exception classes and/or raising errors. Right from then, I enjoyed every moment of this week's lectures. We haven't covered much of the course yet, but I have a feeling this is the easiest topic in the course!

I didn't face any sort of difficulty this week. In fact, I completed the exercise (Exercise 2) as soon as it was posted and I'm fully confident that I got it perfect!

The mouth class that Dan showed us in lecture was very much fun. I actually enjoyed experimenting with the class after coming back home. It was Dan's one of the most memorable lectures, he said.

Well, everything went fine this week apart from the fact that the handout for Assignment 1, which just got posted looked scary. I went through the handout a few times, but couldn't understand almost anything. Will have to wait till the next week of lectures and/or ask Dan.

Next week we'll start recursion, which everyone says is quite complicated. (Time to possibly take a deep breath.)

No comments:

Post a Comment