Saturday 22 March 2014

Week 7 - Linked Lists

We are back to work after the reading week. It was a nice and relaxing break. Now its time to get back to studying againg as we already started a new topic - Linked Lists.

Like last week, this week's topic was quite easy as well. I have been keeping up with the readings, so I am not facing much difficulty in understanding the lectures. Dan showed us two ways of representing the Linked List ADT; using list of lists, and by creating classes (nodes and references). I personally prefer using the nodes and references representation because it is simpler to use, and looks nicer in the shell.

I enjoyed attending the lectures this week; they were fun. I particularly enjoyed the append method that Dan solved in lecture using recursion. There is also an iterative solution to this method, which I will try to solve by myself over the weekend.

Our first test was held this Wednesday in lecture, however, I was extremely unwell and therefore could not attend it. Many of my friends later said it was not too hard, so I can consider myself unlucky.

I believe this week was okay in terms of difficulty of the topic. The lab was not too complex as the last one. In fact, it was fun! I enjoyed doing it.

That's all I had for this week. Now looking forward and hoping for a wonderful coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment